Monday, March 12, 2007

Props (Bleach)




Found these pictures laying around in the com, so decided to put them up before I delete them. Quite nostalgic looking at them. Which reminds me, I still have the prop of Rukias' Shikai with me to fix up... eep...

I know I made up my mind never to make any more props for commissions, and quite surprisingly I never regretted pulling out, on the contrary, till now I feel MUCH more relaxed.
I started making them since primary school. Started off with plastic bags and cardboard, and like all greedy humans, worked my way to metals and wood.

How should I put it......kinda like how when somebody sees something nice, cute, or beautiful, such an accessory, they wish to have it for themselves, to buy it, to get it. For items that don't quite appear on the shelves for purchase, one could only at most, keep a picture of it. Guess I am much more greedy than most people; I wish to hold it in my hands, badly enough to make it. As it turned out, there are alot of people like me too.

You would be surprised how many people is unaware of the word prop. It gets so troublesome explaining all the time that in the end, we debated to just say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, today, we're going to show you how to make TOYS." Sigh......

As such, I got into the community of Cosplaying, where it's the mother-load of where I can make props, where I can get more ideas of what to make, where I can see the works of others. Not to mention, before, I just make for myself, by myself. Now, people are paying money for the materials needed, and a little more for a little treat for everyone completed. People are giving me designs I never would have found by myself. It was nice while it lasted.

I did try cosplaying before. Twice; First was for a Naruto Group I thought I did give it a shot. Second was for trying to publicise for a studio I had set up with a couple of other prop makers, called 'Wyndra Studio'. I'll post more photos of props we did together or individually later. All in all, I came to a conclusion. I don't go well with cosplaying, specifically the idea of dressing up, posing, and getting my picture taken. I like making the costumes, the suits, the props, the armors, but after that, it pretty much stops there. I always feel agitation and annoyance just standing there getting my picture taken.
Think I'll post some entertaining stuffs next time.

These are from Bleach, I don't think any other introduction is necessary. The first one's the hand guard for the sword of one of the Arrancars. Be amazed, this whole lot and more are by Lin BaoShin made in a tight schedule. Learnt alot from him.




































































No comments: